Greetings!

bolelove

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 9, 2013
Hello everyone,

Just joined, and thank you for the warm welcome. Let me answer some of your questions.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

growing up, we had chickens for eggs, we had one that ended up being 100 years old ( kidding) but she was a senior. We even have her foot steps on a fresh cement walkway we had put in when I was a kid. So I am not new to chickens, but I am very new to chickens

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have four, cute little guys.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Breed? I was hoping you experts can tell me, the person I bought it form said they were Americana or Auracanas.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I found out about BYC by all the questions I was googling, you guys are THE chicken people.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Hobbies, I love languages, I speak 5, i play the guitar, I love cook, i love animals, we have a cat, a dog and 2 Finch birds. I love gardening, I have an organic veggie and fruit garden. I love soccer, i love to travel. And my number one hobby, if I can call it that, is spending time with my wife :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I come from a big family, my wife is an only child,:) we grew up with animals, my dad was a Shepperd growing up in the high mountains of Ethiopia, he hearded sheep's, goats and even cattle's, and used donkeys to transport things.
Been in the states for 20+ years, and I feel I am losing my roots, I miss animals and eating from the land, and enjoying nature.
Hence the chickens. Looking forward to chatting with y'all.

Greetings from Kansas, bolelove, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Glad you are getting back to your roots with chickens! Good luck and best wishes!

Well I think you sound very interesting! Five languages
ep.gif
I can barely speak my native English
lau.gif
Welcome to the site and I'm glad you have joined us!

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

I need your help on my 3 week old chick, she is one of four who is not doing very good. She hardly walks, maybe two steps at the most, and very wobbly at that. yesterday I separated her from the flock, I gave her some Electrolytes, and added some almonds to her food. But still having issues walking. I am worried, poor thing. I need suggestions from my chicken family.

Sincerely,

Noah

Back
Top Bottom