1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Heartful, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Heartful

Heartful Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2015
    I've succumbed to the chicken obsession and decided it's time to start educating myself with flock management and care. I currently have Orpingtons (BBS) of both American and English type...(gasp) and am hoping to keep my flock productive and healthy for years to come!

I've noticed that most people want one or the other, and I happen to think they both bring good things to the table...so, I have both and do plan to breed for myself. Since I am new to the inticracies of breeding and type, I am sure this may change over time as I decide which I like best.

[​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I don't have any now but I did have a black orpington but unfortunately he turned out to be a roo. He was given to us a pullet but turned out he wasn't. Thankfully I managed to rehome with some friends just down the road from me and he has made a fantastic bird that they love. He is very good with his ladies and very gentle for a big bird.

Wishing you the very best of luck with the breeding I hope it works out well for you. Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

Beautiful rooster! I've always loved the way English Orpingtons look. [​IMG]

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] I'm glad you joined us.

That is a beautiful rooster! Personally, I'm a fan of the English Orpington type, more so than American Orpingtons. Both can be beautiful birds, however.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

6. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in a PM!!

Good luck with the flock!!

-Turkenstein25

7. 6275Smith

6275Smith Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! [​IMG] You've picked the right site to educate yourself. There is tons of information here and lots of friendly people who will help out.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. You have a beautiful rooster, and Orpingtons are a wonderful breed (either American or English type); hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Orpingtons.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Beautiful rooster, I wish you well with your breeding plans. Welcome to Backyard chickens, hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by