Greetins from central TX

treetopranchTX

Hatching
Feb 15, 2015

Hello all. I have been a fan of all the great people and information on this site for the last year or so. Learned a lot while building my coop/run, (see photos). And Amy getting ready to purchase my first flock.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Tips and suggestions ate encouraged. I'm sure ill be asking lots of questions. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.
Jim

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Love your coop!! The only thing I would suggest is replacing your branch roost bar with a 2x4 with the 4 side up. Chickens don't grip on the bar like parrots and other birds. They sit more flat footed on the roost bar. This also allows them to tuck their toes under their breast feathers to keep their feet warm.

But other than that, you did an excellent job on your coop!!

Good luck establishing your new flock and welcome to ours!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Your coop looks very nice, and I'm glad to see you used hardware cloth on your coop instead of chicken wire as too many predators can either tear through chicken wire, or squeeze through the openings in the mesh. Hardware cloth has saved many chicken owners a lot of tears. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have a breed preference?

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow  

Love your coop!! The only thing I would suggest is replacing your branch roost bar with a 2x4 with the 4 side up. Chickens don't grip on the bar like parrots and other birds. They sit more flat footed on the roost bar. This also allows them to tuck their toes under their breast feathers to keep their feet warm. 

But other than that, you did an excellent job on your coop!!

Good luck establishing your new flock and welcome to ours!!

Thanks for the compliment. It was a lot of hard work. I put those roosting branches in prior to doing enough research. Planned on following your suggestion. Nice catch. Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Your coop looks very nice, and I'm glad to see you used hardware cloth on your coop instead of chicken wire as too many predators can either tear through chicken wire, or squeeze through the openings in the mesh. Hardware cloth has saved many chicken owners a lot of tears. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have a breed preference?

Oops. Sorry for the dbl post. Thanks for the welcome. Looking at a flick if 8. 8-20 week old RIR, Barred Rock and Blk Aus. I am somewhat flexible. I had RIR as a kid.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Your coop looks very nice to me! What breeds do you think you're going to have in your flock?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom