1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greta and the 'seagulls' get a brand new 'gallinar'! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Dudu, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    ─Žal Luqa, Malta
    A while ago I posted here to see designs of house coops as our three house chickies Greta, Annie and Robbie have by far outgrown their large canary cage.

We did decide to put our house chickies in our small inner yard due to us working full time, they'd have a lot more fun in an outside house for sure. I will be letting them out to roam and exercise in the yard (supervised, not to destroy all of my fiance's beautiful plants [​IMG]) and will be bringing them in to watch a movie with us or something (they LOVE to sit on the back of the sofa behind us).

However, to make their day more interesting than inside the house, my fiance built them this awesome bungalow...

It is made almost all from recycled wood (a big box in which some machinery was shipped and a pallet), the only thing we bought was the wood for the frame of the door, chickenwire, one thicker broomstick and transparent boat varnish of which it had two coats. And a leftover peace of roof membrane.

We plan to cover one third of the front for the winter season against rain and wind, but the good part is that our inner yard is small, so we don't expect any slanting rain or strong wind. If it comes, we will adjust everything accordingly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My sweeties in their brand new 'gallinar' (chicken coop in Maltese language)
    [​IMG]

Annie demonstrating the features of their new home
    [​IMG]

Robbie still surprised!
    [​IMG]

So is Greta!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by