Grey frizzled bantam dying

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by constantine, Dec 12, 2016.

1. constantine

constantine Just Hatched

Dec 11, 2016
    Okay, my sweet Annabelle isn't alright, and the worst part is that I don't know what's wrong with her! I've checked her vent, it doesn't seem to be clogged, but she hasn't pooped yet. Her feet react slowly when I put my finger under them to get her to grip like she would on her roost. I've been feeding her softened, mushy pellets, with egg yolk, and sugar water with an electrolyte hourly.
    Every so often, she spazzes; flailing her wings, throwing her head back, kicking her legs, and often falls on her side but doesn't get up again. She's doing it now, and tipping her head back slowly, shaking, and making gaspy, breathy noises. No clucking, no squawking. Her pupils react to light, but just a little bit, slowly shrinking. I don't want her to die, but I don't know what's wrong with her. She's been lethargic the past couple of days, starting about a week after we bought her from a couple who were selling her and her friends, another frizzled bantam, and a white silkie. The others are fine, scratching and eating, and aren't displaying the same signs of distress.
    Help!

2. constantine

constantine Just Hatched

Dec 11, 2016
    Please help me! I've just been informed by my step-father that if she isn't better by the weekend, he's going to "put her down"! If she passes, she passes, but if I can fix it, I will! I need to know if she'll pull through, or how to get her better again! Please please please help me!

3. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by