Grey/Greenish Stringy Flesh on chest of processed Broad Breasted Bronze

l3lue2010

Hatching
Oct 18, 2021
Hello!

We just processed a 24 week old broad breasted bronze male and I noticed a bump on it's chest that seemed to be filled with a bloody liquid, I drained it then noticed inbetween the breast muscle and the skin was some grey/green stringy and tough flesh that I cut out, is this bird still ok the eat? Do you believe that was scar tissue? The rest of the breast meat seems fine, what do you think would have caused this? I have done many chickens but no turkeys and never have seen anything like this? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello!

We just processed a 24 week old broad breasted bronze male and I noticed a bump on it's chest that seemed to be filled with a bloody liquid, I drained it then noticed inbetween the breast muscle and the skin was some grey/green stringy and tough flesh that I cut out, is this bird still ok the eat? Do you believe that was scar tissue? The rest of the breast meat seems fine, what do you think would have caused this? I have done many chickens but no turkeys and never have seen anything like this? Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like he had a nasty bruise. Cut it out and soak the rest in salt water. The rest should be fine to eat.

Back
Top Bottom