Grey Jungle Fowl proven pair 3 yr old - aka Gray Junglefowl Sonnerats Proven pair

gino

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
This is a prolific pair. I have had them for over two years. The hen has laid 6-9 eggs twice a year. I got these birds as part of a trio, and although the rooster will breed with the other hen, these two are definitely the "bonded" pair.

I have hatched eggs from this hen and had about 80% success rate.

I live in the city and need to build a workshop. Limited space means something has to give, so I'm selling my jungle fowl. These are beautiful birds, but you should know that they can fly like a pheasant and the rooster has a distinctive crow.

On the upside I have found them easy to keep and fairly hardy to cold weather. I heat their coop when it start freezing, but have had no problems.

Pictures are of the hen and rooster. This is definitely not the best season for photos. Rooster lost his tail in a near escape but is doing well with the re-growth. Also the rooster is in his fall molt (they molt in the spring as well). My profile page has pictures of the rooster and hen when not molting. If you would like to see the rooster in action type in "grey jungle fowl" on the search bar of Youtube. Look for the MrGinoWhite post.

Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom