Grey Silkie Rooster 2 years old

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by emvickrey, Mar 25, 2012.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I have a very nice grey silkie roo for sale. The only reason he's being sold is I had to add new blood to the sizzle pen. He sired most of them so it's time for new blood. Since I have no intention of starting a grey pen he must go. My price is firm and my reason for it isn't his quality but his abilities. He is a very fertile fellow, he's great with the kids (chicks) He keeps order in the pen. He defends them as well as the hens. He also teaches them chicken manners. Feeding time he would let the hens and girls eat first while he kept the boys away. As the girls finished he would let one by one a boy go to eat. When the last ones where eating he would join them. He broke up fights and squabbles between the kids. You can put him in with a bunch of chicks and he will protect them, teach them to find food when out roaming around and he keeps track of them too. Sounds the alert if danger is near and sends them to shelter while he stands out in the open to defend his flock.

He has a good sized walnut comb, black skin 5 toes and feathers to his middle toe. He carries his wings tight and does have some hard feathers in his tail. The toe placement is good on one foot and not too bad on the other. He's a bit larger than what a silkie should be and taller than a silkie is suppose to be, but not by much. He came from cjsilkies as an egg. He is a very nice fella and loves attention and cuddling.

I'm very attached to him and want him to go to a good home where he will be treated with TLC. He's never been treated harshly. He's only been pucked up using both hands on his sides. Never been picked up or carried by his wings or feet.

I take paypal or money order and I can ship him. You would pay $40 for him $65 for shipping. Thats $105 I'll refund any postage not used back to the buyer.

Thanks for looking

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. southerncomfortfarms

southerncomfortfarms Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2010
    Kingsport Tennessee
    do you sale hatching eggs? I have lavender cochins, and I would love to add a new breeding pen for an extra hobby, and I was also wondering if you were close to ne tennessee

3. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    My white silkies have started to lay again and the splash and blacks are getting going again also. My porcelains are 50% fertile so not quite ready to sell yet. The sizzles are also laying. I've got Bob Whites and JB cortunix quail also.

Last edited: May 16, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by