Grey silkie

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
This is my grey silkie roo. I know this isn't the best picture but what do you think about him? He is grey but he has some buff coloring through his feathers what does this mean?

SDC10043.jpg

Does this mean he has some different colors in him and if i breed him with my grey silkie hen also who has some buff in her wings could a get a surprise colors?

If he has true gold in feathering he may pass it on to offspring. Sometimes even when you don't see any color they will genetically pass some on.

If you are just raising them for pets and you like the color I would go ahead and breed them

I like mixed colors but since I show I don't usually let them mix. There was a fellow on ebay who sold excellent looking quality birds of mixed color and he had some really interesting mixes. His eggs always went higher than I wanted to pay.

I am going to have a mix of white black and grey. Which 5 of my silkies come from a mixed flock. So no telling what colors they will throw. Then My aunt has a beautiful partidge frizzle silkie. That as soon as her eggs are proven fertile in spring I will be hatching some and keeping. She is putting her frizzle partidge rooster with a white hen. Can't wait to see whats gonna come from those. Also can't wait to add some mixed color frizzle silkies to my flock.

Back
Top Bottom