Grit, How Much?

OldGuy43

Songster
8 Years
Only 5 days to quackerette day.
wee.gif
I've picked up a box of Hartz Gravel 'n Grit © ("a digestive aid for ALL PET BIRDS with Calcium Carbonate" or so it says on the box. Well, they aren't pets but...) I was planning on just mixing it in with their feed. My question is how much? 1 part grit to how many parts of feed?

Last edited:
As long as your feeding starter only you won't need the grit, but if you give them greens and other things, then just sprinkle it on the bottom of the brooder not mixed into their feed.
They use it as needed. 5 days have fun is that....

Only 5 days to quackerette day.
wee.gif
I've picked up a box of Hartz Gravel 'n Grit © ("a digestive aid for ALL PET BIRDS with Calcium Carbonate" or so it says on the box. Well, they aren't pets but...) I was planning on just mixing it in with their feed. My question is how much? 1 part grit to how many parts of feed?

I would just sprinkle it on the bottom of their brooder, guarantee you they will have it dumped out anyway .
smile.png
and until you start giving them something besides their regular baby food they won't need it. when you start introducing peas, lettuce anything other than their baby food. they will need grit.

Not at first. Ducklings from the hatchery. They're going to be in a brooder.

Back
Top Bottom