1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Grit, I showed my daughter your IMPy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kitt, May 26, 2011.

1. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    I showed my daughter Impys pic and you should have seen the look on her face. She asked what is that??!!! While making a stink face. [​IMG]:lau So, I had to explain the loveable Impy. [​IMG] She looked at me like I was crazy. [​IMG]

She saw your other chickens and fell in love.

Why does no one love little Impy? [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I don't know really. Except that he's loud, rude and crude to my hens. Other than that, Impys are fantastic.

I've spent the last hour trying to get pics of Impy's daughter Sally. She's a trahma. She won't let me get pics right now, she's taking her dustbath. Maybe later this evening. I think she's [​IMG]

3. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    I think that is the reason I love Imp. He just gets into so much trouble. LOL And I know if I had him and he done all the stuff he does with you, I'd threaten to turn him into a chicken nugget too. [​IMG]

I will say they are pretty.

4. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Can i ask what a Impy is? lol

5. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Yes... please... what is an Impy?

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Quote:Pygmy buzzards are an acquired taste I'm afraid.

But I do have to admire his attitude. That boy gets around and he never takes NO for an answer!

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    A.T. Hagan :

Quote:Pygmy buzzards are an acquired taste I'm afraid.
    But I do have to admire his attitude. That boy gets around and he never takes NO for an answer!

[​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Impy is my accidental turken roo, sexed as a pullet. As ugly as the day is long. Also, has a habit of woo'ing hens that don't belong to him.
    I tried to hatch some eggs under a broody from my older flock, that was lead by my beautiful LF dark brahma roo Thor before he passed away:

[​IMG]

When the chicks hatched I found out that my ugly buzzard (turken) roo Impy had been mating my brahma hens:

[​IMG]

And the chicks came out looking like this:

[​IMG]

Impys antics are legendary on BYC. A bunch of BYCers will probably hold a large and very touching memorial service for him the day I finally wring his naked neck. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  9. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

Wow Those Are Weird Hens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Gritty, I just laughed so hard and loud at that pullet that my five year old came running to see what I was laughing at! Those are awesome [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by