Grit Magazine....November/December 2011 Duck - where to find it?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Sep 30, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Grit Magazine has a pic of their Nov/Dec 2011 issue on their facebook page. Has a cute pic of ducks and article therein. I would like to get it, but cannot find anywhere in my area (Seattle/Snohomish County). I assume the Nov/Dec issue is not out yet, but can't find anyone that carries the magazine at all. Anybody have any suggestions?

Here's the link in case you want to see the pic http://www.facebook.com/GritMagazine

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. Dusky Beauty

Dusky Beauty Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Upshur County, Texas
    Subscribe, the hobby farm mags always send me the current or even one back issue when I start up. I can vouch for Grit, it's a great magazine!! Much more down to earth and reliable than Mother Earth News which I find to often have a certain yuppy/hippy granola feel to it. (Living a natural life close to the Earth does NOT require a hybrid car!)
    I get Hobby Farms, Hobby Farm Home, Mary Janes Farm and Grit. The two Hobby Farm publications are a toss up on what facet of backyard farming is more important to you, Home spun stuff recipes and crafts or the business end of farming. MJF is the one I absolutely can't live without though.

3. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Oh Heavens, never heard of MJF, now I will have to look that one up! (Thanks!) I currently only get Living the Country Life, but have a feeling I will be adding a few soon. Heritage Gardener is another one I like.

4. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Found the Grit Magazine article disappointing.

5. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  6. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    You can read it on grit.com they have links to the magazine articles. I was going to subscribe but don't want more "waste paper" since I can read online.

7. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    I'm almost posotive that TSC carries grit magazine. I will check next time I'm in and see for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by