GroGel™ Plus-B Supplement for Baby Chicks??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JazminesZoo, Oct 28, 2011.

1. JazminesZoo

JazminesZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2011
    Anyone use this? What is your recomendation for day old chicks? THanx!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    I've only had the one batch of chicks so I'm no expert, but I ordered the Grogel and was happy with the results. The chicks arrived in good shape, but obviously tired and a little out of sorts from their journey. I set out the Grogel and water, and they perked up within minutes of beginning to eat it. They really didn't want it after about 24 hours though--they were ready for real food. I would definitely order it again--and it's really pretty cheap. Good luck with your chicks!

3. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Just any water soluble vitamins. Vita Sol will help on adjustment , stress and just good for the system.

4. mallory2013

mallory2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Eastern CT
    I ordered this with my Meyer order... I didn't think it was worth the money, my chicks didn't eat any of it they just walked in it. I would recommend just putting some vitamins and electrolytes in their water.

5. egghead@1265

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    U.S.
    Ours loved it! We did it for the 4 chicks/eggs our "BROODY" hatched of our own, and they liked it as well, though not as much as the mail order chicks! Mail orders were all over it, but perhaps that is because they were in transit. Our Broody Mama, well, she showed them how to eat and has been taking care of them since they were:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy hatched. It is so amazing to see how she is so motherly towards them! In fact, our original order of hens, had one rooster in it! You will see this, if in fact you too have one Rooster in your lot of hens! His comb just started growing so quickly and was bright red! So, we still have our rooster, or RUDY as we call him! (Obviously, he is a very proud Papa now!) [​IMG] We did lose one of the baby chicks, as I believe she was accidentally trampled by an over anxious hen running over her in the run one morning. Also, we are starting to guess we have a little Rudy Jr. amongst the chicks! The little comb is beginning to show!

Good luck with your little peeps, they are so adorable!

6. JazminesZoo

JazminesZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2011
    What type of electro's & Vitamins would you suggest? Thanks for the insight !

7. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
  8. mallory2013

mallory2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Eastern CT
    Quote:I use this stuff: Rooster Booster Vitamins & Electrolytes with Lactobacillus. It's awesome! I give it to the adult chickens in really hot weather as well. It's a bit more pricey than just a packet of electrolytes that you can buy at TSC, but this stuff is specifically for poultry and lasts for a long time (I've had mine since June and it's only half way gone). You just put a 1/4 teaspoon in a chick quart waterer and you are set. I got mine off of eBay for around $7. Anyway, I recommend this stuff but the bottom line is that you can just go to TSC and get the livestock electrolyte packets they have there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by