Grogel Plus B

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CK Chickadilly, Feb 9, 2009.

1. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    I have an order shipping on March 2 from Ideal, should I call & have them send some of that Grogel Plus B? or do they ship the chicks with it? [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    You have to order it.
    With my chicks I found it to be a waste of money. They walked in it and played with it, but they never did eat it.

3. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    My chicks just came today, and they're eating it like it's the best stuff on the face of the earth! There's more than enough to go around, but they're even fighting over it, trying to take it out of each other's beaks.

I'm sure you'll get input on this...and decide what you want to do...but it is extra to buy, I think like $4? (well, that's what it was with McMurray, 3.90, I just looked. Our chicks LOVE it.

Angie

4. CK Chickadilly

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ok, thanks, the other option then is to put the electrolytes in the water which I already have. [​IMG]

5. samapp

samapp Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2008
    Mississippi
    I bought this for my chicks I got last year. They turned their little beaks up at it and would not eat any of it.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  6. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Mine mostly walked in it, some ate it. They went for the sugar and electrolyte water like crazy.

Now my ducklings ate the growgel like it was candy.

I think My Pet Chicken just sends it with every order so I'll use it, but I doubt I'd order it specifically again.

7. CK Chickadilly

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ok, thanks! I think I will just stick to the electrolytes. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by