Grooming question

Alleyoops25

Songster
12 Years
May 14, 2007
Colorado
My duaghter is going to be showing a cochin Rooster. We gave him a bath got him cleaned up the best I could. He still has a dingy yellow lok to his feathers. Is there anyway we can whiten this up a bit?

You know i have always used water with a little Peppermint oil in it to wash my birds but is it possible thats just his color?

I dont think so. He is a year and a half old, and clear up untill last winter he was snow white. Maybe it is, notta clue. I will go get a picture of him and you tell me.

There was a post on here a few days ago about show tips. I am not sure if that would address your problem or not.
I also heard rubbing the feathers with a cloth that has peroxide on it. I have never tried it. Storeys has a whole section on showing Chickens. Good luck!
Kristyne

I think I have made that post however I have not done it a whole lot. since it is the first year we will be showing our birds. I do have Dog shampoo for white dogs and that is what I used. Maybe its his color. Here is a pic of him what do you guys think of him.
chickenpics020.jpg

We are working on getting his comb to get it not so chapped looking. The wind is always blowing and it dries out everything and everyone

Back
Top Bottom