Gross

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by moodlymoo, Nov 9, 2011.

1. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Can I feed my chickens something so my dogs will stop eating the steaming chicken treats [​IMG] Worst is they eat them and then try to lick me. Im so grossed out

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Good protein supplement and keeps the yard clean....I love the symbosis of it all! The birds scatter and pick through the dog's poo and the dogs scoop up the chicken's offerings. You wouldn't even know I have animals when it is all said and done.

Oh...and my dogs are not allowed to lick people in the face, so I don't suffer from that little side effect! [​IMG]

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Not that I've learned of. My dogs gobble them up like Scooby Snacks too... [​IMG]

4. mikeinri

mikeinri Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2011
    North Smithfield, RI
    sick, and funny too, [​IMG] my dogs lick my shoes along with grazing in the yard. Can they catch anything? Sure does piss off the girlfriend when she sees it happen.
    I moved the ladies away from the dog area to stop the nastyness.

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I inadvertently have a house chicken that gets to free range outside with the rest of the flock everyday and then gets to free range in the house morning and evening. Thanks to the dogs, she doesn't need a diaper! Ewwwwww![​IMG]

6. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Quote:Honestly, that's pretty cool. I wouldn't let the dog lick me afterwards though [​IMG]

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Funny but gross too. I once caught my dog eating cat droppings. Now that is really gross [​IMG] Funny thing is he really looked like he was enjoying it [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I know it is disgusting one pet recycling for the other. Gross

9. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Quote:This totally grossed me out lmao [​IMG]

My dogs did it to, after the second time I put a fence up and the dogs are permanently banned from the chicken ere a. That's to gross and I do not want my little doggies sick. We also pick up the " divets as we call them [​IMG] since there in my back yard, I do not want poop every where. One son has the divets to scoop, one son has the pen to do, and dear daughter feeds and waters them every morning

10. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    Quote:Kitty Rocca!!! YUM!!! (not!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by