Grounded Ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by flossyfelix, Nov 27, 2016.

1. flossyfelix

flossyfelix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2016
    Lumberton, North Carolina
    Have y'all ever had to "ground" your crew? Felix & Flossy decided to go stay at the pond behind our house for 5 days, while I was at the beach. My husband tried to get them home, but they don't like him- they're just MY ducks.(lol) So because I've worried night & day for about a week- they're grounded! No Free Ranging unless I'm outside to supervise. Can y'all tell they are NOT happy about it??!

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    They do not look happy with you.

3. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    Stink eyes lol

4. flossyfelix

Nov 10, 2016
    Lol! You see those stink eyes!![​IMG] & it is definitely safe to say Felix is becoming a "man"-- the whole attitude thing is ridiculous! & he thinks he is the boss of Flossy now. He has grown so much this week! He looks huge!!

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I keep the flock in a nice pen when I am not with them in the yard.... we just have so very many predators day and night.

6. flossyfelix

Nov 10, 2016
    They made a break for it this morning while I was cleaning their pin/house/pool.... they're back at the pond. I just can't even deal.eotj them eight now!! Lord!!!! Lol! I'll worry about them at dusk!

7. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    Tsk tsk baaaad duckies! No mealworms or sunflower seeds for you tonight!

8. flossyfelix

Nov 10, 2016

Having 2 teenage ducks, that think they have it all figured out & don't have to listen, a teenage dog that thinks he is grown & can just do whatever he wants too... AND having a 9 month old human baby that has recently learned to crawl & is into everything all the time.. is enough to wear you completely out!!!! #strugglebus [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. PINOAK RIDGE

PINOAK RIDGE Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2016
    Tennessee
    Sorry to hear about your "Naughty" ducks. They have been to the "big pond" and no longer want to return home when mom wants them home. Sounds like you will need to fence them or the pond in and make sure they can't fly to the pond, if you really want to keep them at "home". I'm guessing they are the two in your avatar. Looks like they are too heavy to fly. Unfortunately, once they get a taste of the "big life" they usually tend to live out there on the edge, instead of staying home, unless you are able to keep them confined. I can empathize that this is stressful for you. We try to do our very best for our "babies" and they just don't appreciate it.

Sending you hugs and wishing you good luck with your brood. [​IMG]

10. flossyfelix

Nov 10, 2016

Thank you so much! Yes, it's time to get a bigger pin rebuilt- the hurricane destroyed ours- so when we rebuilt we did it kind of small, bc they were doing so well free ranging; we figured it just needed to big enough for a kiddie pool & for them to stay in at night. They have been doing great up until last week! I would let them stay at the pond all day, at dusk I would go get them & they would come right home. I'm not sure why they're being so darn stubborn right now. They are to big too fly, but they can get their waddle on! Lol!! & that's exactly what they do...waddle all the way to the pond- full speed!! No passing go, no collecting $200...no nothing! Just as soon as I let them out they've got 1 thing on their mind & that's getting to that stupid pond!! :::siiigghhh::: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by