1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Grouse

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by copper2, May 21, 2016.

1. copper2

copper2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2015
    Eating a burger
    How do you raise grouse?

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    A little touchy to raise,but they do need to be raised on a wire floored pen.Should also provide lots of branches for them to hide in.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. copper2

copper2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2015
    Eating a burger
    What do you feed them?

4. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have never raised grouse,but I'd assume gamebird feed and live insects.I'm sure there is someone on here that has some experience in raising them.
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    I agree with raising them on wire and providing branches so they can hide. I use the softer UV resistant deer netting for all my gamebirds' pens' ceilings I've found it lasts a long time, provides some shade, and keeps them from hurting themselves if they fly into it. Grouse love mealworms so those are a good treat as are fruits like blueberries, raspberries, and small blackberries. It's up to you how much you want to spoil them but this is what I do for my pheasants and game fowl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by