Groveland Quail Farm

Discussion in 'Quail' started by birdmaniac3000, Jul 4, 2010.

1. birdmaniac3000

birdmaniac3000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    los angeles
    has anyone bought eggs or quail from here if so tell me thanks

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Is That Crickets I Hear In The Background? [​IMG]

3. birdmaniac3000

birdmaniac3000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    los angeles
    i forgot to say that i wanted to know because i am thinking of buying a pair of mearns quail from there and maybe a pair of blue scaled quail http://grovelandquailfarm.com/pricelist.htm they have African Harlequin, Benson Quail (Elegant Quail),Bobwhite - Blonde they look like nice looking birds

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    WOW $350... I wish I had that to spend on birds.. I dont have any experience just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to these birds... They are stunning..

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I'd Say If They Have Mearnes For Sale Buy Them! These Are Very Difficult To Find And Very Very Expensive. But As A Word Of Warning, If You Are Not Very Accomplished With Quail This Will Be A Costly Investment For A Bad Result! They Are Not Easily Kept Or Raised And Are Pretty Much The Holy Grail Of New World Quail.... Very Difficult To Obtain And Work With. They Are Lovely Birds, But Not For Beginners Or Intermediates. Cool? Yes, Maddeningly Difficult To Raise? Heck Yes! I Highly Suggest Contacting Hinkjc( Charlie) Or Spectrumranch ( Randy) Or Both! For Guidance Before Investing High Dollar In This Rare Speces. Because Of The Very Low Numbers In Captivity And Low Egg Rates, And Severe Difficulty Rearing Young They Are Both Elusive And Expensive---- Truely A Specialty Speces ........

But Man, Are They Cool Or What?! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by