!Grow along!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Speedychicken27, Mar 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Speedychicken27

Speedychicken27 Songster

Mar 5, 2018
    Michigan
    I incubated 20 chicken eggs and non we’re fertile. So today I went to tractor Supply (strictly instructed no chicks are coming home!) when we got there there was a chick in the water dish barely moving and I said loudly “there is a chick in the water and no one is helping it!” Finally the lady came over and got it out she said it was hurt and we could have it for free ( I was all set up bc my other eggs) so we got to take it home with 2 others.

2. Speedychicken27

Speedychicken27 Songster

Mar 5, 2018
    Michigan
    When we got home I thought he or was dead not moving not opening it’s eyes. I put it in my incubator and am giving it water. It is starting to walk super wobbly. Here are some pics. CAn you keep a chick in the incubator over night?? The brooding box is chilly not cold though we need a nother light but should we keep him in the incubator it is warm

3. Speedychicken27

Speedychicken27 Songster

Mar 5, 2018
    Michigan
    image.jpg image.jpg

4. It should be okay in the incubator one night, we keep them inside overnight after they hatch, in some cases two nights. Just make sure it doesnt poop on your eggs or they could get bacteria inside.

JaeG likes this.
  5. JaeG

JaeG Crossing the Road

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Yes, you can leave it in the incubator overnight (poor little thing). I've used my incubator as a brooder for many a finch chick. Hopefully your new little cutie will come right.

HuskerHens18 likes this.
  6. Speedychicken27

Speedychicken27 Songster

Mar 5, 2018
    Michigan
    Thank you I will do new post every week if he makes it he is getting stronger by the hour

JaeG likes this.
  7. Speedychicken27

Speedychicken27 Songster

Mar 5, 2018
    Michigan
    He passed this morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: