Grow Gel Plus B?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by CluckyCharms, Sep 30, 2012.

1. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Yes. We mix a packet with a 1/2 cup of water. It gels up kind of like Jello and we put it in our shipping boxes with our day old chicks. It gives them an extra source of hydration and vitamins for the trip despite the fact that they have absorbed the necessary nutrients from the yolk of the egg. It seems to work really well as we have had great feedback on our chicks.

3. Izzymoon

Izzymoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    My Coop
    I had great success with this Gro Gel, and I recommend it as a nice supplement to their regular food. In the beginning I gave it once a day, then once a week...etc. Recently (sadly) one of my hens got attacked by my dog, and day one she was pretty weak, and I gave her some grogel because she couldn't walk to eat. She survived and all is well now.

I always keep it on hand now.

The packet will feed about 6 chickens for a week or so ( my experience) it's powder and then add water and fluff and it turns to jello.

4. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

this is a little late, but thank you both for your contributions. I did end up ordering some back then and I've used it on all the chicks we've had in our home. They do perk up after having some..but are quite angry when i take it away and leave them with their chick starter. We had a chick die tonight, sadly. I don't know what happened, but there are excellent reviews all over the net about grow gel...so I don't think that had anything to do w/it. So sad.

anyway..thank you for your input.

5. mstanco

mstanco Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2013
    Clermont, Florida
    My Coop
    I received my chicks today. I followed the tutorials online and read extensively about bringing home chicks. I gave them Grow Gel after I introduced them to the waterer and starter feed. They went for the feed first, Grow Gel second and lastly the water. Then they went back to the Grow Gel and have not stopped.
    Is Grow Gel something I can continue to give them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by