1. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    I recently completed my grow out pen for my 2 month old RIR's and Delawares. I'll use this as my intermediate pen between chicks and adults.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I built a feeding pavilion since there wasn't enough room in the coop for a feeder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Looks great! I would suggest hanging your feeder chest height for the birds and also adding or making the roof a little lower. That just depends of you have blowing rain. Great run for the birds! The coop looks a little small to accommodate the 15-16 birds I see in the last picture. I would recommend a larger coop especially if it get hot in your area.

Nate

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  3. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    You just gave me some great ideas for my own run.

4. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    Everything seems to work perfectly just as it is. It's a temporary pen for the inbetweens. They'll be graduating to the big pens in a month or so.

5. shanachie05

shanachie05 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2011
    Northshore of Boston
    You have a wonderful space for these guys! I need to construct something for the youngins too. Thank you for sharing!

6. Oakieridge

Oakieridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Lincoln Co., OK
    This is great! We have been talking about a Bigger kid pen. We have our feed house brooder and then we have a pen for once they graduate the brooder but they need something for when they are about 2-3 months until they start layiing. Those bigger babies pick on the little ones. This is an excellent idea!

Cathie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by