Growers Pellets question

ilovechickensx

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 4, 2013
UK
Hi there everybody!

I have 3, 16 week old Faverolles "chicks".
I've had them since they were 3 weeks old, were fed on Dodson & Horrell chick crumb until they were 6 weeks (and grew so quickly) and then weaned into Farmgate Rearer Pellets.
I posted in the "What is this breed?" section as I was wondering if they may actually be bantams as they are still small girls, I was expecting them to be much bigger at this age.
They're active, friendly and have a beautiful coat, but is there any chance the food could be stunting their growth? Anyone have any experience with Farmgate Rearers?
I use Farmgate Layers which seem great for my older girls, but this is my first time rearing chicks so I'm just a little concerned I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you :)

In my opinion their growth slows at that point anyway
and it is also unlikely that the food is the difference.
If they continue to show signs of difficulty growing
I would be a bit more cautious
lol.png

Hope this helps

In my opinion their growth slows at that point anyway
and it is also unlikely that the food is the difference.
If they continue to show signs of difficulty growing
I would be a bit more cautious
lol.png

Hope this helps

Thank you! :)

A lovely member said on my other post that standard breeds can be glow to mature,
But I keep finding pictures/videos of 4 month old Faverolles which are sooo much bigger, at least double the size, which is making me worry more.

Is there anything at all that could be slowing their growth down? They have just had a moult which I know uses a lot of their energy, could this be why?

That's a possibility - but i'm sure IF there is a problem they can pull through.
Theres nothing to worry about for the moment especially as they have had
growth in the past

Hope this can help

That's a possibility - but i'm sure IF there is a problem they can pull through.
Theres nothing to worry about for the moment especially as they have had
growth in the past

Hope this can help

Thanks very much :) I shall stop worrying for now.
Maybe it's just my brain seeing them as tiny chicks still LOL!

Thank you for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom