growing avacado

broody rooster

Chirping
Jul 17, 2015
hey everyone i got an avocado pit months ago and it took months to germinate and it did good and now its doing not so good . whenever it grows leaves they get about 3 inches long and then wilts and dies

hey everyone i got an avocado pit months ago and it took months to germinate and it did good and now its doing not so good . whenever it grows leaves they get about 3 inches long and then wilts and dies

i started two of them just over a year ago, both did great and i had no issues at all until i tried to cover it with soil. i did it by adding a little at the time over several weeks till the roots were covered and most of the pit (i'd read to leave the top exposed). it stopped growing and started withering and eventually died. the other one is still in my kitchen window and doing great, it's never had anything in the glass but cold tap water, crazy i know. i figure i'll just leave it as is till it outgrows the window then i'll burn that bridge when i get there.

I started mine in a smallish pot i recently transplanted it last month its leafs are wilting but it looks like their are new growth coming in. I covered the entire pit. Maybe next time try that?

That's how mine started. Wilting lower leaves but addin new growth then died. I'm just gonna leave the other one in water till it's too big to deal with them might try repotting

Just started scrolling through some of the gardening threads.
Saw this one. I started 2 pits in water about a month ago. Hoping for small roots soon. I have read you need to cut the sprout once it gets so many inches tall.

Back
Top Bottom