Growing babies (big photo)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nugget, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Nugget

Nugget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2007
    Hi everyone

I've been getting weekly photos of my guys from day 1 and put them together in a chart to appreciate their development. I thought I'd post this for everyone's enjoyment. It's amazing how much they can change in a month! -and amazing how you can get 5 males in 7 chicks... (maybe)

[​IMG]

2. ChickMomma

ChickMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    Nugget,
    This is really neat. The thing I wish I had done was take more pics of my babies when they were babies! They grow up too fast.

Edited to add I LOVE your coop! There are a lot of nice ones on this board but yours has the most whimsy by far!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  3. Nugget

Sep 2, 2007
    Thanks Chick Mama! My little ones aren't in it yet, but very soon [​IMG]
    We're all looking forward to it

4. momma-hen

momma-hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2007
    Connecticut
    What a terrific idea! You got some real camera hams there [​IMG] I love gumbos 2nd pose. [​IMG]

5. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    That is a great idea! If I could tell some of mine apart, I would be doing the same thing!

Keep us posted as you add more pictures!

6. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    cuties!!!

[​IMG]

but, WOW - 5 boys from 7 chicks (maybe)? for you, is this a good thing, bad thing, doesn't matter thing??? i would FREAK out because i'd be in love with them all and couldn't keep the boys..........

7. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Adorable!!! And a very clever way to track their growth. I cannot even figure out how to post pictures here!!!!!

8. Nugget

Sep 2, 2007
    Thanks everyone!

Turtle chick, we had no i ntention of keeping any males at all initially... of course, once they're named and all it gets harder to imagine sending them off to become someone's supper (we got them mainly as pets, and I'm a vegetarian. Of course, if they poop on my one more time...). We'll have to wait and see how things unfold there. I keep denying the male characteristics I think I'm seeing (maybe they're still girls!)

Catnip, It's not too hard, you just have to sign up at a site like Photobucket.com. I'm sure I or someone on here could talk you through it [​IMG]

9. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    we're vegetarians, too (although we have meat once or twice a week for the kidlets - but then only free range organically raised... i have a garden burg on those nights!) so any roos we end up with will have to be rehomed (but we've got a couple of non-dinner options, thank goodness!). i'll think happy EGG LAYING thoughts for you and your feathered kids!!!

[​IMG]

10. Nugget

Sep 2, 2007
    Thanks! I don't know anyone who would want a rooster around here... aside from some hungry farmer types. If we were to be parents I'd do the same thing! It'd be their decision if, and when they opted to limit meat [​IMG]

I'll probably post some more pics on the 'breed/gender' page when I'm brave enough to hear that they all look like roos lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by