Growing like weeds

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kanga77510, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Kanga77510

Kanga77510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Santa Fe, TX
    We've had the babies a week, and I've already noticed a difference in them. They're taller, have more feathers, and are just bigger! Feathers are developing on the wings and tails; I'm guessing we'll have two males and one female. I'll try to take pics tomorrow you all can see the growth. When they hit the awkward teenage weeks and start molting, they can go outside right?

2. quailraisingMan

quailraisingMan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2009
    oh snap, so is mine :\\ they look like still babies, but now have a wing of steel since feathers are coming in

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I have some two week olds being raised by a mama hen in with the rest of the flock. They have spent the whole day outdoors running around since day 3. I never see them get under her for warmth during the day.

4. Kanga77510

Kanga77510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Santa Fe, TX
    Here's some pics taken just a few minutes ago. It's hard to find the one I think is a hen in there. I can find "her" when there's no camera. The wing feathers are coming in nicely and they're taking on a darker red color. They're still cute, might not be so when they hit the teenage phase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Cute!

6. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    First picture to the right is a hen I believe as the tail feathers are longer. Just my opinion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by