Growing out red golden, and lady Amherst males

perchead

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2015
I'm wanting to grow out several pheasant so I can select breeders I want to keep at maturity. Can I keep a colony pen of all males, and one of all females separately without a lot of fighting

Depending on how many birds per pen and how big your pen will be, yes,it can be done. I wouldn't try it with smaller than 50' x 50' pens. As long as the male pen and female pens aren't next to eachother, should be ok! but also realize that that's mearly a guideline. Your experince/results may differ.

As u can see I have a lot of birds I raise close to a thousand a year now and I keep them with other birds. And u shouldn't have to tag or color vote any golden you will no the difference especially if u get good stock I'm sure u can see the big differences in them. Just peep them young and u can fit close to forty in a 10x12 no problem and as u see there in good condition. Working meds in the bowl. Speaking about meds if u want me other then workers u should stock up now jan16th everything is being pulled off the shelf and u will have to have a vet after that.

Month. However their are different kinds of peepers the bendable one and the one with the pins. Get the one with the pins because the golden's beak/nostrils are to small for the bendable one. Even with the pin one I'm not sure I like it bc it does effect the beak. And some will be misshaped bc of it. If u have to peep them peep. Otherwise don't. That pen is the only pen I have that I use peepers once they move from their it take them off. It helps when u put different ages together

Back
Top Bottom