1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Growing Timeline and Sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Schwartzfarmnc, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Songster

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Does anyone know if there is a thread or a link to display your pictures of your chicks from birth to whatever week you stop taking pics. I want begin taking pictures of each breed we receive along with weekly pictures of what they look like at each week and if they are a pullet or cock. If there is a thread already out there please let me know, I believe this will aid in everyone's search for clues to what sex they may have according to the age and pictures of the birds. Thanks for any help I can get.

2. teresa-78

teresa-78 Songster

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    This would be great... I need all the help I can get [​IMG]

3. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Songster

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    I agree, it could be a great benefit for anyone wishing for help in deciding what they have, I hope someone comes along with the information needed.

4. whillo

whillo Songster

Mar 6, 2009
    Willamette Valley
    I have a few of those on my page (not the coop thread). My girls are only 9 weeks now, but there's a few of each as they've been growing. I think there might be another thread out there that I found once upon a time, but I didn't save it because I don't think they had my breeds.

5. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Songster

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Quote:Yes, this is exactly what my vision is to do also, where someone else can reflect on the pictures and have a better understanding on what sex the bird might be. Thanks so much for your page, your chickens are all so beautiful!

6. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I think the individual breed thread probably has a lot of ages with pics, but even by breed birds mature at different rates

7. JustDawn

JustDawn Songster

Dec 7, 2009
    Alpharetta Ga
    I was thinking the same thing. I pretty much have pics of my chicks I have now from birth to 2 weeks... minus 2 days that I was out of town. This might help others with figuring out the breeds and sex of their chicks! I have scanned most of the breed pages that I thought my chicks were but some really didn't have close ups of the combs at a young age and stuff like that. I have been taking close up shots of combs, them feathering out, and even my cuckoo maran's legs, as well as the whole chick with the thought of doing some sort of information page on the breeds I have (though it will be hatchery stock breeds...). Great idea Schwartzfarmnc [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by