Growing up so fast

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by barry750, Nov 26, 2011.

1. barry750

barry750 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    Liberty, Texas
    This morning as I was letting my adults out of their tractor and watering and feeding everybody I heard something I've never heard from any of them before. CROWING!!! So when I heard it at first I didn't know what to think lol. I felt a little excited and tried to find who was making the scratchy but strong vocalization. I was intently looking at what i thought was my only two adult roos eating with the hens and neither was the culprit, the sound was coming from my beyond them towards my pullet coop where my 20 week silkies and barred rocks are kept and sure enough I found the source of the noise. One of my male Silkies was standing proud with his chest swollen proud and neck stretch tall crowing his tell feathers off.

I don't know if I was more proud when I got my first egg or this morning listening and watching him crow. [​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!!!! Usually people don't want to hear crowing.

3. nickrex98

nickrex98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    georgia
    my Americana did his first crow today too

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  4. Eroicayori

Eroicayori Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    I understand! I love love love my three roos.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I get just as thrilled with new crowers as I do with new eggs. I even cheer 'em on until they get it going right. I am just as proud of them as they are of themselves.

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Of course, because they give you a great laugh - sounding like they are strangling a trombone player. [​IMG]

7. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Quote:Of course, because they give you a great laugh - sounding like they are strangling a trombone player. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    I should kick myself, but I can't wait to hear only 1 silkie crow, they are less than a week old [​IMG]

9. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

My little old English Banties and the Egyptian Fayoumis crowed at 3 1/2 weeks. It was hilarious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by