Growth?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by roz, Aug 8, 2011.

1. roz

roz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    MA
    Ok, so it seems we keep finding things...I'm hoping this is just normal, like the oil gland, but we've been having some really bad luck lately...lost 2 out of 10 to diseases in the last 2 months, one just 2 days ago. I had one under observation last night but found no reason to keep her inside today so she is out with the rest. Maybe I'm hyper sensitive right now, but I am running out of steam here. I'm at the point where I'm ready to throw in the towel even though I dont want to be without our girls. What the heck are we doing wrong???
    Anyway, my son found this growth on our hamburg. I took a picture, and since then he has told me that 3 others have the same thing. It is to the side of their oil glands, kind of right where they have that flap of skin on their back that tapers into a triangle. Here is what meds are in their systems. Valbazen almost 2 weeks ago, now on 4th day of corid for positive fecal test for cocci, and, they were misted with adam's plus flea and tick because our pompom topped polish crested had blood suckers kill her. We had lice in May. I have been, what I thought was on top of that since then...spraying inside coop, cleaning every 3 days for a few weeks and now back to cleaning once a week. dusting the girls with pyrmethrin every week for the month of June. dusted coop with pyrmethrin. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

They are cysts or tumors I've seen these at the clinic. Sould be harmless unless they get infected. Sometimes the cysts will erupt and then go away. If it is a tumor they will stay the same size or grow alittle bigger. But shouldn't be a problem [​IMG]

3. roz

roz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    MA
    Thank you!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by