Growths under skin***Please Help!***

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Orly29, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Orly29

Orly29 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Someone recently gave me a 1 yr old turken bantam hen and about a week earlier she developed either sinusitis or corzya...good thing I kept her seperate from my others. I noticed she is not very heavy at all and upon searching for mites through her feathers, noticed this odd growths under the skin on her breast area. Growths almost look like grass seed under her skin. Anyone have any ideas what these could be?

[​IMG]

2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Not a clue! Perhaps it's time for a good, broad spectrum wormer? This will give you a bump...

3. Orly29

Orly29 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks klmclain1...I was thinking the same thing! I guess no one else has come across this! I will give it a go and see what happens!

4. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Let me know how it goes...kinda wierd isn't it?

5. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Weird. Almost looks grainy. Any chance they'd be old scars from coop scuffles?

6. This makes me remember something I read in my Chicken Health Handbook, not positive though, and I can't remember the name of it... oh, are they hard or are they perhaps bubbles? I think what I'm remembering is bubbles but I'm not sure. I moved recently and I don't have my book to look up right now, perhaps someone else has one on hand? And of course I have no idea what it was called. Sorry, but felt I needed to add my 2 cents worth, hope it isn't bubbles as I remember it being bad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by