GRRR I'd pull my hair out if i had any left!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by grundail01, Feb 9, 2009.

1. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    Ok i have a house pest... i ended up seeing my ex wife living in her truck on the side of the road last month. We may not get along but there is no way i could be cruel enough to not try and help her. I live by myself in a 3bdr Modular on 1.25 acres, so i let her use one of the spare rooms until she gets a job and back on her feet.
    I have been trying to incubate a split hatch of eggs( today is day 21 on the first set). I find out today that she has been taking each egg out of the incubator and the hatcher to see if she can see anything everyday... this after i asked for them to be left alone.the temp and humidity in my hatcher are off big time and now both incubators are in my room for safe keeping and to let me calm down and not blow this out of proportion. We have several issues between us but this atm is a very heavy straw on the camels back so to speak.
    She pays for nothing and threw a fit when i gave her a deadline of 3 months to get a job and leave. Am i wrong in trying to help her since i just get burned basically in return... ok rant over.
    I'm just a lil lost on how to proceed with this situation and i just kinda needed to vent some. I sure hope everyone else had a good day< mine was untill i got home lol.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    If you have given her three months to get a job or get back on her feet, STICK WITH IT!!!!

If she doesn't, kick her butt out of the door or call the cops to have her leave! She is no longer bound by you in marriage, just simply a roommate and you have NO contract exchanged about renting or boarding or something of that nature..yep, no sex for exchange either! [​IMG]

So it is time for her to GO! Be tough but it may be the thing she needs!

3. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I know one thing for sure. Your chickies (if they hatch) will be much better off without her since she cannot follow instructions. Kick her to the curb!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It's a good hearted person that would help another. However, you are divorced for a reason, so I assume that things would not improve just because she needs help. Three months is plenty of time for her to find another place to reside until she is solvent again. In this economy I would not expect a job in that amount of time, but there are several options out there for individuals in need.

Honestly? If I were homeless and my ex pulled up, I would tell him to get lost. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  5. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    She is a RN and there are 20+ opening in the paper today... i circled them and handed her the paper just a few minutes ago. all she has to do is get up and go to an interview, yes i live about 25 miles outside of town but she has my old truck and it gets 25+mpg.

6. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I agree to make her leave at 3 months - if not you will be an" enabler" and she will not learn how to survive on her own after becoming homeless. Besides what if you wanted to start dating again? Would she like you bringing dates home?

7. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    If she's an RN, three months is generous! She should be able to get a job, apartment, and her own dang truck by then.

Kudos to you for being nice...I hope she doesn't try a pity party helpless cycle meltdown thing.

Those are ugly.

8. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Oh, Man!!!! Have you ever heard that the more you try to help someone the more you are actually hurting them? Drive her nearest woman's shelter, Seriously!!! [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:With a degree like that there is no excuse for her to homeless in the first place. She has further issues, I am willing to bet ya!

10. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    BIG MISTAKE! Stick to your guns and make her give you an acknowlegement of the potential move out date in writing. If I'm not mistaken cohabitation with ex's in some states constitutes common law marriage sooner, in some cases requiring another divorce. This happened to one of the moms I babysit for. She even had to Evict her ex to get him out. I hope things are different in your state. Micah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by