GRRR! stupid incubator, I was hoping for sleep tonight!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens44, Feb 21, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Grr. Today I went in lockdown, and I put to much water in, so I took the top of and dumped some water out, and put the top back on and now the temps all screwy! Its a Hovabator 1602N, Its always been a good bator, but tonight [​IMG] .... I was hoping to be in bed by 9 pm, well its almost 11 pm! Sorry I just need to vent, and that poor egg in the incubator, she temps been flippy, like ranging 95- 99.8.... in the last 3 hours. But im starting to some what get it under control. ehhhhh well here a go, to check the temp [​IMG]

2. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    98.0 with 55% right now, and now the bators light just came on.

3. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Yup I never sleep much after lockdown... up every few hours checkin on the 'baby eggs'... [​IMG] that's what my 3 year old calls them 'baby eggs' good luck with your hatch!

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Hahaa thanks:)

now im at 98.4, 54%

uhh I might set my alarm clock [​IMG]

5. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    Quote:Been there, done that, with my own 1602n. I love it for the price, but sometimes it just seems to want me to keep it company [​IMG]

6. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

First you have to understand that you are using a wafer thermometer, and how they work. The wafer thermometer has been around for a long time. They work by the change in atmospheric pressure, not temp changes. When you over filled your incubator you more than likely got a lot of water under and around the tray which causes a higher humidity, and the air will be more dense. The denser the air is the more atmospheric pressure. That is why your temps are going down. You might have noticed that if you ever ran out of water, the temp went up; this is due to the lower humidity causes the air to be less dense, thusly causing the atmosphere to be lighter.

What you might have to do is once the incubator has leveled out; you might have to bump it up a little to get your 101 degrees.

7. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Quote:Wow learn something new everyday. Cool!

8. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Never had that much trouble with my LG still air. Guess I'm lucky [​IMG]

Goodluck on your hatch!!!

AC

9. latebloomer

latebloomer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    green mountain state
    my 1602n is giving me fits too
    moved it to another room yesterday
    and have ordered a circulated fan
    from incubator warehouse

will let you know if the fan makes a
    significant difference

10. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    well I went to bed at 12 am

woke up 5 times through the night, but lucky no spikes! but I had a couple temp drops to about 95, but they diddent last long. Right now my incubators at 99.3 and im still trying to get it higher. and my highest point it 100.9

thanks guys sure hope my egg is ok, with all the funky temps last night

Thanks for the info baralak

and thanks for the experience guys

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by