GRRRRR I'm so MAD Big time vent

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LoneCowboy, Aug 7, 2008.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'm so angry [​IMG] I got a letter a few months ago from the Elections Division asking me if I would be an Election Judge again. Sure I said and signed up for both the primary and general elections. It's kinda fun to get to know new people plus you make $150. We are self employed and $150 is big time money to me right now. Specially because it goes into my "Extras" fund. Besided I've done it a few times before.

So anyway, to be an Election Judge you've got to sit through 4 hours of the most painfully boring training you've ever been to. It's even worse if you've been through it several times before and only a few little things change. But I kept thinking, it's ok, it's worth $150.

Well today I get a letter telling me that they have too many election judges and won't need me. Hello, didn't they know this before the later training days. (I had to go to one of the last since I went to visit my mom who had surgery) So I sit through 4 hours and they don't need me.

They asked me to do this, I didn't answer a newspaper ad. I have lots of past experience I can even set up the machines in my sleep. Unlike 90% of the others. I had to reschedule and set the days aside for training and the election and I was really counting on that money. [​IMG]

The will pay me $25 for my time to go to the training class, I guess that's something but gee whiz they should have had a clue long before I went to the training session. Now I'm not sure I'm going to want to do the General session. I'll have to sit though another 4 hours at less than Min wage and then maybe not get used again.

GRRRRRR! Sorry for the long Rant, I'm just really mad right now.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm sorry. I know what that much money would mean to me right now. [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm grateful that there are people out there willing to donate their time for such a good cause.

4. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:What he said!!!

5. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    You know, if they had asked me to do it for free, I probably would have. I volunteer at the Extension Service, and it costs me money! It's the fact that I was counting on the money and needed it was the really frustrating part.

6. averytds

averytds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    KS
    [​IMG]

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I am sorry that happened to you! About ten years back I got to the poll only to be told I had actually been a back up and they didn't need me!! I got ten bucks for my troubles.....

Mostly I was mad because I think the judge they had was crooked.

It is important that people do these things. The election process has become - shall we say - suspect. Competent judges intent on following the law are the backbone of the system's integrity.

I am sorry about the lost cash though......

8. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    That's the other thing that bothered me. I've been a judge 2 other times now and I've never been with a group of people I would call Competent. The supply judge is always asking me how to do stuff. I'm not in charge here! He's supposed to know this stuff. So yes, I've become much more suspect about the whole process since I've seen it from the other side.

9. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    We need to regulate the regulators! sorry you had to waste your time for next to nothing!

10. Ellie_NY_chick

Ellie_NY_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Sorry about that LC.

My Mom does this to get herself out and meet people in her town. She loves it and fortunately for her doesn't do it for the money. She's a sharp 77 years old and it's perfect for her.

That sucks if you were counting on the $$$ though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by