GRRRRR! Just my luck!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I now officially have four cats, having checked around for the owner(s) of the two newest feline family members and coming up empty. Bug needs to be neutered and perhaps more importantly at this time, Cuatro needs to be spayed.

Bug is still a few weeks younger than my vet wants him to be before she'll neuter him. My vet is inexpensive for every single thing, except altering, though I don't know why. Right now I can barely afford to get the one altered, let alone two. State law requires that they get their rabies shots at the time of altering, plus I'll need to start them on flea meds. if they are going to be in the house.

We live between two small towns and rarely get news from either. I asked DH to make a point of finding out when the next spay/neuter clinic would be in the town to the south. Turns out it's today and tomorrow, but they are full up for this time. So I called the humane society in the town to the north. Theirs is tomorrow and Friday, but they are also full up. Neither humane society is hosting another spay/neuter clinic until spring.

If only I had checked for the clinics last week, but the one neighbor that I though Cuatro might belong to was out of town last week.
barnie.gif

So I guess they are going to be altered at the vet, expensive as it might be. No new winter shoes for me this year and one less Christmas gift for my hubby, but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm frustrated.
hmm.png

Bless your heart for taking them in & doing the right thing by them.
Wish I could help. I dont think I have seen any one with more posts than you!
Do you have a paypal account?
Maybe everyone who sees this thread could donate a dollar to help you???

Quote:
Ah, I'll get it done. Just get frustrated with myself for putting things off.

Quote:
I did leave my name and number with the one humane society that starts tomorrow and friday. Maybe they'll get a cancellation for Friday.
fl.gif

As I was just telling Imp, we have taken both dogs to the vet to get everything they need including their microchips, their heartworm and flea meds and it was only around $115. Spaying a cat is $80 and neutering a male cat is $60. I just don't understand it.
idunno.gif

Because spaying/nuetering a cat can be "risky" alot of cats don't tolerate the junk they use to put them under well (I know what it's called, but I can't think of how to spell it,l so I'm not even gonna try
tongue.png
)

that and Spaying IS a major surgery, much different that poking a tiny micro chip into an animals skin.

In all honestly, if your male cat is under 6 months, you CAN wait until spring to get him nuetered, male cats, RARELY start spraying before 12 months, and are not usually interested fully in females until about 2.

Back
Top Bottom