grrrrr weasel??? you're too cruel

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by mulia24, Jan 11, 2010.

1. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

i don't know if anyone abroad know musang (our language) i tried to find the translation and i find that is weasel in english. i heard people said that's the one that always eat/bite chicken head to die. i don't know if they misinterpret them or not.

but i'm sitting here adjusting my site (2:20 AM) and i heard my chicken screaming at my backyard, quickly running out and find an almost die beloved arabic breed chicken!!!!

blood everywhere. head with blood and heavily injured, 5 minutes later passed away, i directly dig a hole and bury her in fully sad heart. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:mad:

okay, there's no law here to kill any predator (except tiger and other protected animal)

how to solve this so there's no more victim

my coop well wired and they always find the way out since my dog breaking the coop and make so much hole.

how to trap or ki** that creature?

i still feel that deep sorrow, i incubate and raise them with my hand and now again one killed by not again my dog, the weasel. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG]

awww man!!!! [​IMG] Do you have trapping and release law???? They do sell traps you could use....

sorry to hear about your little one!!! [​IMG]

Edited: Oh! there is no law against killing? i misred it!!! Then trap and shoot it~

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. mulia24

how to trap it? have any idea? of course not using remaining chicken [​IMG] .

yes, but this country sure forbid any weapon (gun,rifle) possession.

if i can trap it, then, i'm sure, 1 good direct punch will kill him.

i'm too crazy now to think. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

my stupid dog didn't bark at all, i'm sure they're conspiring to kill my chicken. [​IMG] [​IMG]

she'll be 20 weeks by February and i can expect to eat egg from her soon but now i have lost her.... sure i've 3 other female but a losses is a losses. [​IMG]

4. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

How is the weasel getting in? Is he digging?

5. mulia24

no, my coop(run attached) well wired firstly, but now have so many holes(the run), but the chickens sleep inside the coop at night so they're safe, recently my arabic breed can always get out from my coop by passing through hole made by my dog [​IMG] my dog have killed 2-3 my chickens, now my dog can't access my chicken anymore.

the chicken went outside and sleep on ground, while i'm adjust my site about 30 minutes ago, i heard scream and i found badly wounded chicken lying on ground with heart still beating but i see no more chance to life and it's true, 5 minutes later she passed away. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

that's
    1. my dog fault by damaging my coop and leave so many security hole
    2. weasel fault by killing her
    3. my fault cause i don't have fund anymore for my coop, i still have too many to pay. fund is restricted.

this is my coop

[​IMG]

the killed chicken is the second from right

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Roy

Roy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2007
    Central Illinois
  7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

There is a thing called a Nite Guard. It is a solar charged red flashing light that comes on at dark. The red light represents the reflection of a predators eye. I was loosing 2 to 3 birds a week until I got one. They are about $30 but worth EVERY penny. I haven't lost a bird since I got it 8 or 9 months ago. I swear by them.

8. mulia24

wow, $30? i can build a new coop with that money here, i really appreciate your information.

thank you roy i'll learn it. but i think i'll firstly increase my coop security.

and you all won't believe it, just after i took my 4 other arabic breed chickens inside my coop, i clean my hands and prepare for bed, and what happen? the weasel breaking my cage and took my roo out??? what the!!!!!!!!!!!!

fortunately i arrived in time this time and my roo saved with blood on his head, he did fight the weasel (that what i love from village chicken breed), but he lose of course, i'm wondering what will be happened if i sleep at just like normally i did (11-12 PM) tonight, maybe by tomorrow i'll have no more chicken to raise [​IMG] [​IMG] big man don't cry

after this horrible accident, i will not sleep tonight, i'll keep an eye for my flock, i gather all my chickens and lock them up inside my coop and close the only door. i will not loss single chicken again tonight, tomorrow i'll try to use anything i can found around my house and block all the run that attached to my coop. the only left outside are 1 duck and 2 muscovy ducks with my dog.

well as information, here is 4:32 AM, i think it's now afternoon at US. i have no sleep at all tonight and need to repair my coop tomorrow, i think i'll try to steal time sleeping at class tomorrow. it'll gonna be a long night.

as for my roo, you can see his picture tomorrow. he's the lucky boy, not like my little hen. [​IMG]

i'm glad i decided not to sleep earlier tonight. [​IMG]

edited to add : i have a sight to the weasel this time, i use my flashlight and i saw his eyes mirroring the light just like he has his own light in his eyes. that's a big weasel, 3 times than my roo. really different than i see on the net. [​IMG]

9. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    if you know where the musang is coming in from, get yourself some of those rat glue (cap gajah?) and set it top and botttom, creating a corridor that the animal has to pass through, this will stick on it's legs and fur making it unable to walk/ run... then kill it.

There are a lot of traps available as well if I remember correctly.... steel jaw is not prohibited yet I think...

Your dead chicken makes best bait..

10. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    I'm thinking you might not have a weasel. Maybe animal of the Dasyuromorphia order?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by