GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... small Rant

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
Well I had someone order a decal from me off my site, and I sent it out in a timely manner. Next thing I know they are telling me I sent the wrong one, and they want me to send the correct one out TOMORROW and then they will send back the first decal. So I go to my site and check to see if I made a mistake and placed the wrong cart button to the wrong decal.... nope, they worked fine. I checked the Cart order and they showed up fine there too. So I informed them that they must have hit the wrong button and did not check the cart order and paid for it any way. If they had noticed it before I sent it out, I would have happily changed it for them, but as it is now, the order stands. The mother?.... emails me and says that my website is so cluttered and that is why they hit the wrong button..........
hmm.png

OK, even if that is true, it still tells you on the Cart order what you are ordering before you press pay. Why is that my fault? I would have been more apt to change it out for them if the tone of the e-mails were not so demanding. My site says no refunds...... I only do it if I've made the mistake........ And some times I do make them..... but this was not one of them.....

Am I wrong?

Some people can't take responsibility for their errors. Now, if they would of called and said i made a terrible mistake and ordered the wrong decal, is there any way you can get it to me by ____. How would you of handled that?

Last edited:
I don't think you are wrong but sometimes it might be better in the long run to just reship. Make a return customer out of them plus word of mouth shoppers too! Just my thoughts.

Sorry your so frustrated.
hugs.gif

yep, return what they want once you get your return...

I went to your site, it's not confusing or cluttered at all.

I think that would sorta fall under the "the customer is always right even when they are wrong" mantra.
sad.png
That's what I hate about selling to the public.

As for your website?
Its not cluttered but it could use a little spacing out., or line the button up with the pictures or maybe even putting frames around them to help show what goes to what.

The only thing I actually would call wrong about the website is there are no prices on most of it. The lack of prices bug me.
hide.gif

What bothers me is that they want 'the right one' before you get the 'wrong one' back.

If your site says no refunds and they ordered the wrong one then they're stuck. You might offer to let them buy the right one, and then ship the wrong one back. When you get the wrong one, you could issue a refund after you deduct a handling fee....

But I wouldn't ship a thing unless you get the wrong one back first.

Quote:
Thank you for your advice. As for the price thing, there are no prices under each decal... because they are all one price.( At the bottom of each page it tells the $10 price for that page) LOL

As for the customer always being right, well i am a very giving person and will bend over backward for most.... but their email just rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning. I felt like a pee on, so I'm sticking to my original decision. If I order something from, say Jeffers for my horse. I may be guessing on the size or fit, do I blame them for sending me what i ordered even if it does not work for me... No, i ordered it. so what do i do..... i buy another one that will work. I believe in trying to make a customer happy, but I also know that is not always possible. I am not Burger King or Walmart. I can not afford to just send out something else just because someone chose the wrong order. It is my time and money also, and it is also worth something. Well, that's just my 2 cents... hehe.

To answer the other Question. If they had said: I think their was a mistake, I thought I ordered the such and such decal but received another. Can you check to see what happened......... I would have gladly sent them another w/o asking for them to return the first one......

Back
Top Bottom