::grumble::

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Morgan7782, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    doesn't this site know there are new people on it? Who are uneducated? Or perhaps were MISQUOTED? I am tired of ill attitudes and I think they should cease, totally unneeded. That's all.

::sigh::

2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I missed something didn't I? There are just a ton of different types of people, opinions, and temperaments on here, we just got to toughen our skin. Trust me, I've been slapped around too. People forget it eventually and you just have to move on.

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I just get irritated with 'superiority' ways, that's all. To me, everybody on this board is learning, whether you've judged a ton of chicken shows, or bred a ton of chickens, or got your hens from a feed store. I have trouble toughening up to the "I am better then YOU" way of thinking. That's all [​IMG] I just wish the friendly side of BYC would stick around longer then the first few days heh

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I dont really see superiority [​IMG]

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I looked at your posts and all I saw was about a blue wyandotte versus a blue laced wyandotte. That's not superiority, that's a correction so you could learn...

6. SAORSA

SAORSA Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Wine Country
    I think your birds are GORGEOUS !!!!! [​IMG]

I am new to BYC. Still stumbling through the process and sometimes not able to decipher the abbreviations EVERYONE uses. [​IMG]

Sometimes I think there are people who take themselves way too seriously.
    Sometimes they just don't realize they are coming across a little abrupt or harsh when they don't mean to. [​IMG]

I have also had my feelings hurt by a response to one of my posts. [​IMG]
    It was also by a person who had about a million posts and I think they were some kind of monitor or something.
    Those are the kind of people who you would think would respond in a mentoring capacity, not with a demeaning attitude. [​IMG]

As a matter of fact, I have done very little posting since for fear of reprimand.
    It shouldn't be that way. It should be a fun, educational and supportive place to spend your time. [​IMG]

Let's get over it together and get back to the fun of it all. [​IMG]

7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    If you feel "abused" by a member, use a report button. Also you can PM the person to let the know they are being harsh. Sometimes since it's on the internet, something can come across in a way it wasn't meant. Sarcasm is hard to catch in a couple of sentences. ESPECIALLY if it was a moderator, they have a lot of work and sometimes just get fed up, just shoot a PM. No need for hard feelings. [​IMG]

8. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    ♫ Why Cant We Be Friends... Oh Why Cant We Be Friends ♪

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  9. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Oh no the blue wyandotte thing is not what I am talking about. There were a few posts recently in the manage your flock section and the 'coming across' attitude just got to me a little bit. I just can't comprehend not being willing to teach new people rather then act snippy toward them. That's all. I am not complaining about a certain person or post, just in general lately I have been seeing some "I'm better then you" attitudes. I just wish that would mellow out a little bit. At least in the posts I have read. I am not peeved at BYC or any specific member, but I am sure everybody agrees that there are new and old people, new and old ways, and this is all a learning experience. Period. [​IMG]

Also, not trying to cause a rift here. I just hope people know that there are new people on here who love their birds just as much as any other person. That's all. I love BYC and most of the people I have come across have been kind and willing to teach. The supposed arrogance I am talking about is only a small handful compared to the MANY members of BYC. I have no intentions on leaving, and you are right that through the internet meanings are hard to read. I just wish for a friendlier day is all. Not so bad.

COME ON PEOPLE NOW! SMILE ON YA BROTHER! EVERYBODY GET TOGETHER AND TRY TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER RIGHT NOWWWWWW!

For realz.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  10. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:I seen you around for a long long time I really remembered you when you drink my wine.

(little music note inserted here)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by