Guess I can kiss those Quail eggs good bye

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SherrieT, Jan 31, 2012.

1. SherrieT

SherrieT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    Is it crazy or unreasonable to complain if something is sent BEFORE the seller said it would be?

I bought a new incubator and it included 30 quail eggs. I received an email saying that the incubator was being fedex'd and they gave a tracking number. The email also said that the eggs would be shipped the week of the 30th, not delivered, shipped.

I don't get a lot of snail mail so don't check the mail station that often (there are several mailboxes there, not just mine) unless I'm expecting something.

Well, after I got off work today I figured I'd better start checking it every day since the eggs would be on their way. WRONG. There was a notice that they tried to deliver them on the 26th and they were at the post office [​IMG]

Too late to pick them up tonight, they are closed.

Any chance they might still be good? Would YOU call them and ask "why weren't they sent when I was told they were?"

2. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Get them from the post office, unpack them and rest them for 24 hours pointed end down before putting them in the incubator. It should be all right. I'm not sure you have anything to ***** about, you didn't check your mail. Unless the eggs were sent before the incubator.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    just pick them up, let them rest, and incubate them. i wouldnt toss them as they can still develop into nice strong babies. only thing is is if you dont have an incubator to put them in then i would worry just a little

4. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    X-2 should on that...cva34

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by