Guess that's how it is in Texas...

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Mahonri, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    A woman was called in front of a Texas grand jury for possible manslaughter charges after she shot a mugger 6 times in the back as he was running away with her purse. He had grabbed the purse and ran. She had her hand on her gun in the purse when he grabbed the purse and she was left with the revolver in her hand. When asked by the grand jury why she shot the man 6 times in the back as he was running away, she replied under oath:

"Because when I pulled the trigger the 7th time it only went click".

She was aquitted of all charges.

That's the way it is in Texas....?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. chickencoop31320

chickencoop31320 Have bator, will hatch

Sep 24, 2008
    Southeast Georgia
    [​IMG] How much is a U-Haul from Georgia to Texas?

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Pretty much how it is!

4. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Yup.

That's how it is.

5. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    i cant tell in your mess. wether u think she was wrong or not but i think she is 100 percent correct just like chickencoop says i think i may just have to move sometime.

6. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Well now you know why you don't mess with Texas. Piecmaker

7. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I miss texas

8. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Yup, I leanred how to shoot and we all carry guns...

9. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Is that really true? I mean, you'd get in a heap of trouble for shooting a person who isn't a clear danger. If he was just running away after snatching a purse there's no way she'd get away with that scott-free. Handgun classes pretty much drill it into your head to avoid shooting anyone at almost all possible costs, because you'll be fighting courts forever. They actually tell you during the class that if you have to shoot, try to make them face you, because if the entry wound is in the back the courts will give you the stink eye.

My own personal opinion is that the lady is unstable if she can feel no remorse after the fact. I can understand (almost) her shooting at the time, because emotions would be high and thinking clearly would not be at its greatest, but the fact is the thief stole a purse and she killed a man. If I were the man's family I'd be taking her for all she's worth.

A life for a purse . . . I can't believe people would applaud that action.

And yeah, I grew up in a gun wielding family and I think everyone should have a right to their guns, and many of them. I just think some people need to adjust their perspective on what it means to own a handgun and the responsibilities that come with it. Shooting every cretin who would steal what isn't there's is not part of that.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Shooting every cretin who would steal what isn't there's is not part of that.

I've got an uncle from TX and he's the one that sent it to me.

I imagine that in areas where a grand jury would actually acquit someone like that, crime is practically non existent.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by