Guess the baby bantams! Breed ideas on this mixed hatch?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by purewellspring, Feb 9, 2013.

1. purewellspring

purewellspring Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2012
    I hatched out 18 bantam chicks 2 weeks ago, just a barnyard mix. I know the two bantie cocks were bb red bantam and silver spangled, the five hens were all different, although there was also a bb red hen and a silver spangled hen. So I might have some pure breeds, and also a bunch of randoms...but there are a few in the hatch that are stand alones (meaning they don't look like anything else that hatched), and so I'm curious if anyone has any guesses as to what they might be.

This chick is bigger than any other hatchling, dark colored legs and beak, very full feathered legs, odd looking feathers on wings (odd looking to me, compared to the other chicks, I mean!), line of dark spots on head. I am so curious about it! Any ideas? The color is a little off in the photos, but she's basically whitish yellow, with light feathers on legs, was initially all light colored baby fuzz, and then the feathers coming in are dark, almost sharp looking, with white tips.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

And what might these be? I have several with coloring at least similar to this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

There are a couple of other oddballs, but I'll wait another week or so until they are more feathered out...

Thanks! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by