1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Guess The Breed And Name My Chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by joza2210, Jun 26, 2010.

1. joza2210

joza2210 Songster

May 5, 2010
    Hello ,
    Just doing a little thing here just for fun ... I have had my first chick hatch - she/he needs a name ... So could you suggest some ... But i will only take the names you give me into mind if you guess the breed (And maybe just have a random guess of the colour) and guess it right ... The names needs to be a unisex name so it does not matter if it turns into a girl or a boy ...
    Thanks
    Josh

[​IMG]

2. sydney13

sydney13 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    looks like a jersey giant or a australorp
    i have a cochin named thistle which could be used for a boy or girl

3. LadyBeartoothMamma

LadyBeartoothMamma Chirping

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    its sure is cute [​IMG] umm thinking of a unisex name hmmmmmm...Butter, cotton, peanut,Brownie, dusty,Cordial,

4. joza2210

joza2210 Songster

May 5, 2010
    Its not a jersey giant or a australorp... I like the name butter though [​IMG]

5. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Is it a Wyandotte?

6. LadyBeartoothMamma

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    Im not sure trying to look it up lol but sometimes you get so many chicks of different breeds they all look the same hehehe to me [​IMG] Im still having a hard time with one of mine been told she could be this breed or this breed.. Its like a mystery hehehee Name that chicken hahahaa
    [​IMG]
    Yeah I like the name Butter too. I was going to name one of the chicks Butter but my daughter got to naming them before I did ;p; [​IMG] oh well what can ya do ????

7. joza2210

joza2210 Songster

May 5, 2010
    Quote:Yes , Silver Laced Wyandotte Bantam - So Far Called Butter Unless I like A Better Name [​IMG]

8. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    It's much darker than my Silver Laced Wyandottes were when they were small. Your baby actually looks brown in this picture. Mine are standards, but the color is the same regardless. My girls are named Evie, Zora, Sir, and Button. Button was so named because she was the last to start growing a comb and when she finally did, she had an indent in the middle with a little nub sticking out, and it looked like a button to me on the top of her head. Sir, well, we thought that she was a he because her comb came in fast and red, but then it slowed down almost to a stop, and she proved to be a lady, but not until after the name had stuck. Zora got her name because when she was a chick, my daughter thought she looked like Zorro with that black mask, lol. And Evie is short for Evil Chicken because she was a biter when she was young. She mellowed out though and is a good girl now. They all are. I have a Butter, but she's a White EE. She was yellow as a chick so my daughter named her Butterscotch, but we just call her Butter. [​IMG]

9. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Songster

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I wanted to answer so bad, but I saw you post the little guys pic in the Wyandotte thread and thought it would have been cheating. LOL

10. LadyBeartoothMamma

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    [​IMG]
    Im liking Butter heheheheee
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by