Guess the breed or gender!

Pics

EEforMe

Crowing
Sep 5, 2021
Northwest Washington, USA (near Seattle)
I know what’s going to be said about how this is the wrong section for this but it is the right section! This thread is where you can post pics of a chicken and people can try and guess it’s breed/gender! Be sure and post your most challenging-to-guess chickens. You can even just do a certain part that is suspicious (like feet or comb for example) of being the wrong gender or a certain feather or tail that might be suspicious of being a different breed. Just remember to say if you want people to guess gender or breed and wait till the last person’s chicken has been guessed correctly to post yours and also if you know the answer because you know the chicken don’t ruin it! Enjoy!

How long have you had chickens? Just wanted to know.
Years.
If you’re questioning my experience, don’t. I have been a major contributor to the identification forum since I joined. I have books dedicated to breed standards piled up in my house.
Leghorns do not have crests. There’s no way around that. You hen has a crest with little black feathers in it.
So she cannot be pure leghorn.

@The Moonshiner is the biggest Leghorn expert I know of on this forum. He’s been breeding them for centuries.
Good grief lol. Not centuries. At least 30 years though.

Agreed though. Crest + modified comb = LH mix.

I don't have anything to contribute without anyone knowing immediately what it is. 😅 So carry on! 😁

Also I painted the toenails of my two Dominiques so I could tell the difference between them (now I only have one Dominique 😢)
Also here’s both of them (Salt on right Pepper on left) when they were both alive😭not to bring in to much sadness
E0A92349-50D6-43EF-A5FD-5AD784546C95.jpeg

Here’s Salt now
FCD2890B-E6BB-46BD-A63C-33691FAF609C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom