Guess the Gender!!

Ilovefarming

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 12, 2014
200x200px-ZC-11e7ca6a_IMG_5106.jpeg
Is this a hen or a roo? Also if you know what breed it is it would be helpful.........

Thanks!!

I'm sorry, don't know the breed off the top of my head:/ hopefully someone will come and help. But that chick is cute! I do know he/she is too young to be sexed. Maybe in a few weeks!:D

I'm sorry, don't know the breed off the top of my head:/ hopefully someone will come and help. But that chick is cute! I do know he/she is too young to be sexed. Maybe in a few weeks!
big_smile.png
That picture was taken a few days ago.... he has gotten a lot bigger, lost a lot of down, grown tail feathers, gotten taller, and his/her comb is a lot bigger.......... just b/c all that happened does not mean he/she is a rooster, right? He/she is pretty big compared to the other 6 chicks.....

Thanks!!!

I'm sorry, don't know the breed off the top of my head:/ hopefully someone will come and help. But that chick is cute! I do know he/she is too young to be sexed. Maybe in a few weeks!:D

That picture was taken a few days ago.... he has gotten a lot bigger, lost a lot of down, grown tail feathers, gotten taller, and his/her comb is a lot bigger.......... just b/c all that happened does not mean he/she is a rooster, right? He/she is pretty big compared to the other 6 chicks.....

Thanks!!! 

Roosters do grow faster it first, faster than hens. If they are all The same breed, the roosters will get thicker throughout their body and have bigger thicker legs. Also his comb and Wattles will get bright red and start growing faster than the hens. Something to look for when he is fully feathered is pointed hackles and pointed saddle feathers.The hens will have rounded Hackel feathers and rounded saddle feathers. The males also get long tail feathers and the females will not. Can you show a picture of him now?

Roosters do grow faster it first, faster than hens. If they are all The same breed, the roosters will get thicker throughout their body and have bigger thicker legs. Also his comb and Wattles will get bright red and start growing faster than the hens. Something to look for when he is fully feathered is pointed hackles and pointed saddle feathers.The hens will have rounded Hackel feathers and rounded saddle feathers. The males also get long tail feathers and the females will not. Can you show a picture of him now?
Sure, I will post pics as soon as possible!! Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom