Guess the mix!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cuban Longtails, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I got him from the bantam straight run bin. The farm & ranch store I got him from gets their chicks supplied by Ideal Poultry. As a chick he was completely silver with black eyes and lightly feathered legs. I have my thoughts on the breed mix, but I wanted to know what you guys came up with. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's hard to see in the picture but he does have five toes on each foot. And the underside of his feet are pink!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  2. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Ummm I have no clue -just wanted say WOW he is handsome

Julie

3. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sultan or Polish crossed with Barred Rock or a type of maran

4. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:Thank you! I'm definitely keeping him to add some color to my black bantam population. Plus he's just lovely to have. [​IMG] He's not flighty, but doesn't like to be touched or held.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Silkie/BR cross possibly. That pouf looks pretty familiar-three of my girls have it. They're Cochin/Silkie x BR. And his mother was the Barred Rock, I think, since in all my BR crosses where the mother was the BR, the cockerels got barring and the pullets didn't.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I say polish got him the head crest, and Cochin got him the body and leg feathers.

Edit: 5th toe. I say silkie too in that case.

7. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I was thinking his coloring was called crele? Or no?

8. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    are you going to be selling any eggs from him and your banty's if so I would like to get some if they look like him - very pretty what's his name?

Julie

9. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    What about mille fleur d'uccle cross? that would also explain the foot feathering....????

Tanya [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

If that boy came from Ideal Poultry then they got some 'splainin' to do! Geez, such an obvious mixed breed! On the other hand, maybe someone just put a chick in the bin and traded for one they really wanted, LOL. Never know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by