Guess the nest contest!

wwdubose

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2013
East Texas
The countdown has begun! All of our nest boxes are open for business, and we are expecting our first egg any day now! To share this exciting event with the rest of the BYC community, I have decided to conduct a contest to see who can predict both the date of delivery and the nest box in which the first egg is laid.

There will be 13 nest options to choose from (see options under coop/run section and pictures below) and any date beginning on 8/27/2013.

Each member will post a nest box/date combination guess (example: nest 6, 8/27).
Each nest box combination guess must be unique.

There will only be one winner! I will keep track of each guess on a spreadsheet.

Winner will receive a $20 TSC gift card! Good Luck!

The Girls
The following flock of girls were all born on April 17:

Buff Orpingtons: Attie, Laureen, and Minnie
Barred Plymouth Rocks: Bessie, Dora, and Laurenda
Australorps: Betty and Majestica
Silver Laced Wyandottes: Peggy, Myrtle, and Agnes
Red Stars: Molly, Elizabeth, and Rose

The Coop/Run
The coop is 6’x9’ in size and the run is 250 square feet in size and is totally covered and secured. The POP door remains open at all times and the girls can go to and from the run from the coop as they please. They are confined to the coop/run area until 5:00 each evening, at which time they are allowed to free range. The run contains a commercial 6-hole nest box, just to give the girls an outside nesting option. These nest boxes are numbered 1 through 6 in the picture below. The coop contains five external nest boxes, numbered 7 through 11 in the pictures below. There is a single nest box beside the people and POP door and quad nest boxes on the opposite end under the window. The other two available options to choose from will be 12) laid in the poop tray or 13) laid on the floor/ground. Each nest box contains alfalfa hay and a single fake ceramic egg.

The Rules
1) Each member will post one nest box/date combination (example: nest 6, 8/27).
2) Each nest box/date combination must be unique. There will be only one winner.
*** Check all prior posts to make sure your selection has not already been chosen! ***
3) You must be an established member with a BYC join date prior to the posting of this contest.
4) In the event that no one guesses the correct nest box/date combination, the winner will be the member who guesses the correct nest box and a date closest to the actual laid date.

Last edited:
Hi, I'll guess # 7 on 9-2-13 and just for fun I think it will be Rose. Of course that's just a wild guess since I haven't seen them. By the way, really nice hen house.

All I need as far as your guesses is the nest box # and date (example: #10, 8/27/13). Also, only one guess per member, please.

Back
Top Bottom