1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

guess the parents of this pullet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by smarsh2, Nov 27, 2009.

1. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    This brown pullet is 8 weeks old, and her mixed heritage is know by me; i just thought you might want to guess. Hint: the parents were both rose comb birds, and she looks very much like her mother. The mostly white pullet is not kin but is from the same home incubator hatching. She is the offspring of Red-sex-link.
    scott

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Can we get a close up side pic please she looks kind like my pullets from a BO roo on BR hens, but you say both parents were rose comed, She look to have some barring or lacing in her but I can't see it very well that's why I ask for a close up pic. Can you tell us if she's an F1 cross or mixed over a couple generations.

3. smarsh2

Sep 1, 2009
    she is an F1 cross. both her parents were nice specimens of their respect breed. i would have to try tomorrow for another pic. another hint; momma lays white eggs.

scott

4. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Dominique and Wyandotte

5. smarsh2

Sep 1, 2009
    half right, the dad is a white wyandotte. the momma is a rose combed brown leghorn. she started out much smaller than her hatch mates, red sex link offspring, but she caught them quickly. she is rather pretty, hope she is a good layer.

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    She's pretty! With that mix- she will be a great a great layer.

7. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    beautiful

8. It is nice that you know the parents. heck on this farm, if the bird does not look like a polish, wild game ,ee , white rock or Black australurp we guess at it.

I have a bunch of banties, but for some very strange reason, they tend to sit eggs their size and really no bigger.

Pretty hen !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by