Guess The Second Breed My Dog Is Mixed With

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by deb1, Jan 6, 2010.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I know that my dog has GSD in her but I think that it is fun to try and guess what else she might be mixed with. We got her from the shelter who didn't know what her parentage was.

So here are an assortment of photos and who ever wins gets nothing at all. [​IMG]

She has an unusual muzzle. I have had a few people suggest pit bull.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [/img]

[​IMG] [/img]

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

one of the pics of her ears makes me think Great Dane somewhere.

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Edited to add Welsh Corgi. Those ears keep making me think of all kinds of breeds!!!

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Do you know what she's crossed with? They have doggie DNA tests you can do, too...

5. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Edited to add Welsh Corgi. Those ears keep making me think of all kinds of breeds!!!

Sometimes her ears don't stand up. They air plane out. [​IMG] My camera is broken so I can't get a better picture. Besides she always runs toward me when I try to take her picture.

Her name is Kieba.

6. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I think blue heeler. I've seen shepherd-pit mixes, and they have much shorter hair. More of a slick coat like a lab. Pretty dog!

Shelly

7. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:No. The shelter owner guessed GSD and Husky. It was a guess and she admitted it. I don't think that she has husky in her.

At this moment, I can't afford teh doggie DNA test. But I would love to have it done.

For now, it is just fun to guess.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I think the snout and ears say Corgi...

9. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Her eyes and the space between them reminds me of pitbulls, but she also looks like she could have a tiny bit of lab in her too. She is very pretty!
    Did you know you can get a DNA test that supposedly will tell you what breed a mutt is? I don't know if it works or not, but it would be interesting to see results from KNOWN crosses and compare them for accuracy. I think it costs about $25.

10. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Thank you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by