Guess this mystery chick! UPDATE: Boy or Girl? New Pics!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Anna_MN, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Anna_MN

Anna_MN Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    This was my free rare mystery chick from McMurray. Let me know what you think! I'm excited to figure this out [​IMG] (sorry the pictures are so big!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    it has puffy cheeks and what looks like it will have a beard...i'm guessing its their Americana also known as EE (as all hatchery Americana's and araconas are ee's)

3. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Its an Easter Eggers
    Most likey a rooster

4. Anna_MN

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    Yay! I'm hoping that is correct. I ordered 6 easter egger females so more than likely they just threw him in there for giggles. He is much bigger than my other EE babies. Can you guess what color he will be when he is mature? Maybe send me a link to a picture?

5. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Speckled Sussex.

It has the classic stripe and yellow belly.

6. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    What ever it is it's adorable! I think americauana

7. Leslie Standen

Leslie Standen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    I'm going with Amerucana as well! I have one 4 days old that looks just like it!

8. Anna_MN

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    The picture is kind of decieving. His belly is a light brown- not yellow. And he has the tufts on his cheeks like an Auracauna. I looked up pictures of Speckled Sussex chicks and they have more defined stripes than this little bugger. We will have to wait a few more weeks to know exactly!

9. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I also think he's an EE! His coloring is very much like my SS's as babies, but their stripes were much more defined. Plus this guy has puffy cheeks and it looks like he has a pea comb not a straight comb, right? Might be an extra girl EE and one of your others is a boy. All 3 of the EE's I got that looked like this as chicks were girls. 2 ended up being that pretty orange and gray or black partridgey color common in EE's.

10. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    At first I thought it was a Partridge Rock, but the slate legs make it an EE. The ones I got last year from McMurrary lay beautiful blue eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by