Guess what DH is making us for Dessert....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BarkerChickens, Jan 11, 2010.

1. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Apple-Blueberry Cobbler!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't feel well (bad cold [​IMG] ) and he has been taking good care of me by making me hot tea, getting the Vicks Vapor Rub for me, etc. But, homemade Apple-Blueberry Cobbler with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream beats all! [​IMG] It's made with fresh fruit, not frozen, so that should have added nutrients too, right? [​IMG]

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I don't envy the cold... but a hubby that can bake... *marks calendar* that's just awesome!

Closest mine comes to that is offering me one of the pre-packaged (or that I baked) cookies he's snarfing... [​IMG]

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Why do you put GUESS in your title then the first words are the answer. [​IMG]

4. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Quote:Oh, Marlin...Marlin...Marlin. You guess...then click on the link to see the answer. [​IMG]

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I thought it was gonna be fried chicken.

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I figured eggs ! [​IMG]

My hubby can make spaghetti, but "complicated stuff" is way beyond him! Nevermind that my great-grandma's cobbler recipe is entitled "lazy day cobbler" it's still too complex for hubbs! [​IMG]

7. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    He served it warm with vanilla ice cream. Too bad I am congested!! I couldn't taste it! [​IMG] The texture was good though. [​IMG]

DH lived single in this house for 12 years before we met...needless to say, he had to learn to cook on his own if he wanted to eat anything decent. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  8. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Can I come over for some???? [​IMG]

9. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Quote:sure...[​IMG] If DH doesn't finish it all first! [​IMG]

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Oh, Marlin...Marlin...Marlin. You guess...then click on the link to see the answer. [​IMG]

No I had 5 good answers, I was gonna say apple pie, but if someone had already guessed I was gonna say Home Made Icecream, and if that had been guessed I..... well you get the point.

How fun would the guess when we hit 50,000 members thread be if in the first post it said ON February 5th?

P.S. Peach Cobler was my 4th guess, so I would have been close. Do I get a prize anyway???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by